"Licenced" coaches - Jo's latest rant!!!!

Go down

"Licenced" coaches - Jo's latest rant!!!!

Post  Jo on Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Well what a day this has been. It's like something from a horror movie crossed with a comedy.
And this is how it all started................

In 2006 I asked the EA to give us their approval or backing, the EA said they would not unless all our instructors were "licenced" coaches.
(When I asked in 2004 they were happy to!)

Now to me (a bus driver) a coach is something like a big bus but a bit posher and has manual gears!

What they mean is "licenced" instructors. So I checked into this, do we really need to be licenced legally??
The answer is NO.

We are and have been doing for the past 4 years, everything legally and correctly. We have our CRBs and a child protection policy which are all we legally need. We have child protection officers. But not being content with that, we also have a contract between the club, its members and their parents, we have consent forms for all sorts of things and multiple policies including CRB, anti-descrimination and anti-bullying to name but a few.
MAD are going above and beyond the call of duty, legally speaking.

So, armed with all this information and evidence will there be a change of heart? Answer....NO.

Now, not being one to be put off that easily I spoke to somebody from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) which are based in London, who I met at a funding workshop day recently.

The NCVO phoned me up and asked me what my problem was, so I told them. Surely the EA can not with hold support simply because a club does not have its own "licenced" coach as you do not legally need to be a "licenced" coach.

The woman I spoke to was very helpful and interested, she asked if she could give my contact details to somebody from the National Federation of Anglers (NFA) and I agreed.

So, as usually happens, I was just about to get my pie & chips from the oven when the telephone rang. It was somebody from the NFA in Nottingham. He was very nervous speaking to me, he wanted to know my problem, so I told him. By this time my pie & chips were begining to burn.
We had a pretty deep & sometimes heated discussion about the legalities of with holding support.
By this time I was getting grumpier as my chips were going a very dark brown.
He suggested that all our instructors go on this course, get "licenced" then join the NFA. But why? I asked, we are already members of JCA (uk). He said the NFA were the single governing body for angling - rubbish I thought.

So, I asked, if that was so why there were organisations like the JAGB, ACA, NJAA, JCA, NFSA and that is just mentioning a small number of organisations which are governing bodies.
His reply was that he wasn't going to get into that and we should join the NFA, so (with my chips now black and my pie crust like concrete) I said no straight out.

He then got quite upset informing me that the NFA has been losing tens of thousands of pounds for the last few years and that they were close to having to shut, so, me being me, I informed him that the NFA prices were too high.
Then for some reason I asked him about his own fishing, do you have a coaching "licence"?
Imagine my surprise at being told that he does not go fishing, he is not an angler, but he is into football.

WHAT????? You dont go fishing???? Why is he working for the NFA then??
That does not make sense to me.

This is getting silly is this conversation, talking to a football fanatic who has no interest in angling about things that concern angling and young people and he works for an angling governing body........err comedy show script or what!?!

Well, you know me well enough by now to know that I was fed up of this conversation. My chips were burnt offerings and I needed a pneumatic drill to eat my pie, so I steered the conversation to an end. (plus Hollyoaks was about to start).

I was asked would I be going on the course, my reply, No, not unless the EA paid for me to go & my expenses.
Would I be joining the NFA? No, we are already a member of JCA (uk) and very happy with it thank you.

He then grumped and sort of spat the words that unless we do become "licenced" coaches we would never get anything from the EA, ever!.

So, members, there you are, there it is.
If we want anything from the EA we have to go on a course, get "licenced" and join the NFA and then get hounded until we join the PAA.

Neutral I dont like the word "blackmail". Im not accusing anybody of anything or saying anything against anybody or organisation, I am just informing you all that I do not like the word "Blackmail". No However I do like the word Chips Very Happy
What words do you like and dislike??

So what do you all think?????
Give me some feed back ppl.
Do I go back to the NCVO and tell them that we are at a stalemate??

What do the members think?
Come on - speak to me!!!!

Jo
Admin

View user profile http://www.mad4fishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

NFA

Post  KENNETH MURRAY on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:22 am

if we meet anybody from the nfa we must feed them CHIPS
from the rear .Especially Jos burnt ones

KENNETH MURRAY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Licenced" coaches - Jo's latest rant!!!!

Post  stebrown on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Hope it doesn't leave too much of a bitter taste in the mouth when you next go the post office renew your annual 'Environment Agency Fishing Rod Licence'. Twisted Evil
stebrown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:04 pm

I have always had a rod licence and always will do, but now I understand why some people dont bother to get one.
After all, we give them loads of money and what do we get back???
Blackmail?? extortion?? Threats??
Did we get any help with stocking fish??
Did we get any help with the platforms??

(notice how I am asking the questions but NOT answering them?) Shocked

Its a good job we got the grant from the Local Network Fund and Lancaster City Council!!!

Jo
Admin

View user profile http://www.mad4fishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down